In the world of omnipresent digital photography, more and more often we miss the magic of film photography based on silver particles creating the image. We miss its elegance and pleasantly slow workflow. At the same time classical film photography is increasingly becoming a thing of the past for most of us; something mysterious and ‘difficult’.
We have prepared a two day course entirely devoted to demistyfying black and white silver gelatin photography in whose course we will not only revise (or introduce) the principles of working with silver gelatin materials but will, above all, have an opportunity to do practical work shooting portraits, supervised by experience tutors and with participation of professional models.
The programme of the workshop covers:
- using manual film cameras and a quick revision of basic photographic principles,
- developing black and white negatives,
- making a silver gelatin print under supervision,
- two photographic shoots with professional models,
- making silver gelatin prints based on the shoots,
- assessing the resulting prints.
The following will be available for all the participants:
- two rolls black and white film (135 or 120),
- photographic papers (13×18 and 18×24 cm)
- chemicals required for processing black and white negatives,
- chemicals required for processing black and white prints,
- fully equipped darkroom,
- professional models
- make up artist and stylist
- Zenit and Practica film SLRs for participants who do not own their own film cameras,
- hot drinks (tea and coffee),
Duration: 16 hrs (Saturday and Sunday)
Maximum number of participants: 6
Language: English and Polish
Price: 150 euros. For those participants who book before January 20th, 2018 we offer a reduced price of 125 eu.
Date: February 24-25, 2018
Tutors: Eugeniusz Nurzyński and Małgorzata Bardoń
The gallery below shows sample pictures by Eugeniusz Nurzyński.